ARTCADE – The Book of Classic Arcade Game Art Book
Back in 2015, Bitmap Books UK teamed up with arcade enthusiast Tim Nicholls to publish the first edition of Artcade, a labor of love that was borne out of Nicholls’ quest to restore his massive archive of original arcade game artwork comprised of t
- Reviews (0)
Back in 2015, Bitmap Books UK teamed up with arcade enthusiast Tim Nicholls to publish the first edition of Artcade, a labor of love that was borne out of Nicholls’ quest to restore his massive archive of original arcade game artwork comprised of titles from the last four decades. Within this Extended Edition, we are able to build on the amazing foundation laid down by Nicholls, which comes massively expanded with new restored artwork and exclusive written content. Nicholls’ efforts to bring the artwork of classic coin-ops back to life remain at the core of this revised version, but it is accompanied by a wealth of additional art which has been kindly contributed to by other collectors, restorers, and fans. As well as adding a larger selection of memorable marquee artwork, New Wave Toys has also included a lot more side panel and cabinet art this time around, giving you a better overall picture of the complete machine, and what it would have looked like in its full glory. Artcade Extended also has a new format to the book, which is a direct response to feedback on the first edition regarding images running across the spine. Now, the design has one image per page to address this feedback. While the art naturally remains the main focus of Artcade, there’s a lot more written content to digest this time around, including a brand-new exclusive interview with the legendary Larry Day, who worked on seminal titles such as Moon Patrol and the pinball machine Catacomb. Day’s insights into the history of the amusement arcade industry help bring these bold illustrations to life, while an in-depth ‘how-to’ chapter – contributed to by Escape Pod, one of the world’s leading creators of high-quality restored arcade artwork – serves as a great taster for those of you who are entertaining the idea of picking up a battered coin-op classic and bringing it back to life. Artcade comes housed within a Glow-in-the-Dark slipcase
Click here for specifications and detailed images.
- All orders will be processed in the official website Sideshow.com
- Click the button and you will be re-directed to more details such as specs and more images.
- U.S. Shipping cost is based on the weight of the item and its shipping carton size. Our site refers to this as Estimated Shipping Weight, which can be found on each item’s page.
- Some of our pieces are considered 'over sized', and for those, the shipping cost is typically based on dimensional weight -which is also located on the items page, in the 'Product Details' section.
- Shipping cost varies basic on the product size and where it's delivered to. Part of our products are free shipping in US. Click here for the free shipping list.
Exchange / Return Policy
- We make sure that our collectors are happy with their purchase. Thus, our direct customers are covered by a 30 Day Exchange/Return window from the date of delivery.
Flexible payment plans
- Flexible payment plans allow you to pay for an item in monthly installments. You select how many installments and the date of the month (5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, or 25th) for payments to process.