The Illustrator: 100 Best from Around the World Book
For the last ten years, Steven Heller and Julius Wiedemann have traced the latest developments in illustration across the globe—and for all those who thought digital heralded the end of an era, they’re here to set the record straight. There
- Reviews (0)
For the last ten years, Steven Heller and Julius Wiedemann have traced the latest developments in illustration across the globe—and for all those who thought digital heralded the end of an era, they’re here to set the record straight. There were extraordinary eras before mass media changed our viewing habits, back in the day when illustration was the most primary means of illuminating the word on paper, to today when we get our words and images on screens as small as a watch face. And in this environment, today’s designers and artists are holding their own brilliantly. Illustration is more free and varied than ever, and it is ubiquitous in all kinds of media from paper to screen, books, packages, clothing, cars, and restaurants. This book celebrates the sheer quality, diversity, intensity, comedy, vivacity, and exceptionality of the work being created by illustrators right now. From veteran artists like Brad Holland, whose oblique and metaphorical paintings for the New York Times’ op-ed section revolutionized illustrative content in the 1970s, to up-and-coming stars like Robin Eisenberg, her pastel-skinned alien belles cruising in spaceships on indie-rock album covers, the 100 artists in this collection are just the tip of the proverbial iceberg, but they represent a compelling snapshot of the styles, techniques, and use of color by artists across the world. We dare you to pick your favorites. The Editors: Steven Heller is the co-chair of the School of Visual Arts MFA Designer as Author Program. For 33 years he was an art director for The New York Times, and currently writes the “Visuals” column for The New York Times Book Review. He is the author of 120 books on graphic design, illustration, and satiric art. Julius Wiedemann studied graphic design and marketing and was an art editor for newspapers and design magazines in Tokyo before joining TASCHEN in 2001. His titles include the Illustration Now! and Record Covers series,
Click here for specifications and detailed images.
- All orders will be processed in the official website Sideshow.com
- Click the button and you will be re-directed to more details such as specs and more images.
- U.S. Shipping cost is based on the weight of the item and its shipping carton size. Our site refers to this as Estimated Shipping Weight, which can be found on each item’s page.
- Some of our pieces are considered 'over sized', and for those, the shipping cost is typically based on dimensional weight -which is also located on the items page, in the 'Product Details' section.
- Shipping cost varies basic on the product size and where it's delivered to. Part of our products are free shipping in US. Click here for the free shipping list.
Exchange / Return Policy
- We make sure that our collectors are happy with their purchase. Thus, our direct customers are covered by a 30 Day Exchange/Return window from the date of delivery.
Flexible payment plans
- Flexible payment plans allow you to pay for an item in monthly installments. You select how many installments and the date of the month (5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, or 25th) for payments to process.