Winsor McCay, The Complete Little Nemo 1910-1927 Little Nemo Book
Little Nemo may be a diminutive hero of comic narrative, but he sure stands tall as one of the greatest voyagers of the 20th century. The master creation of Winsor McCay (1869–1934), this small and restless sleeper inspired generations of artists w
- Reviews (0)
Little Nemo may be a diminutive hero of comic narrative, but he sure stands tall as one of the greatest voyagers of the 20th century. The master creation of Winsor McCay (1869–1934), this small and restless sleeper inspired generations of artists with his weekly adventures from bed to Slumberland, a dream realm of colorful companions, elaborate architecture, psychedelic scenery, and thrilling adventures. This second volume collects, in glorious full color and XXL resolution, all 329 of Nemo’s nocturnal escapades from 1910 to 1927. Through them, we delight not only in the splendor of Slumberland, a surreal benchmark for Robert Crumb and Federico Fellini, but also McCay’s pioneering panel layout and storytelling techniques, his timing and pacing, and extraordinary architectural detail. At once an adventure story, visual delight, and piece of cultural history, this publication is a monument to one of the most innovative pioneers—and one of the most intrepid explorers—of comic history. About the Author: Visual artist Alexander Braun (born 1966) has received numerous accolades and scholarships, and his work has appeared in several exhibitions. Alongside his independent artistic activities, he studied art history in Bochum and Berlin (his 1998 doctorate thesis was on the work of the American installation artist Robert Gober). Over the past two decades, Braun has compiled one of the most extensive collections on the history of comics. Since 2008, he has curated several museum exhibits on this topic, including a comprehensive retrospective on the work of Winsor McCay in 2012/2013. In 2011, he founded the German Academy of Comic Art.
Click here for specifications and detailed images.
- All orders will be processed in the official website Sideshow.com
- Click the button and you will be re-directed to more details such as specs and more images.
- U.S. Shipping cost is based on the weight of the item and its shipping carton size. Our site refers to this as Estimated Shipping Weight, which can be found on each item’s page.
- Some of our pieces are considered 'over sized', and for those, the shipping cost is typically based on dimensional weight -which is also located on the items page, in the 'Product Details' section.
- Shipping cost varies basic on the product size and where it's delivered to. Part of our products are free shipping in US. Click here for the free shipping list.
Exchange / Return Policy
- We make sure that our collectors are happy with their purchase. Thus, our direct customers are covered by a 30 Day Exchange/Return window from the date of delivery.
Flexible payment plans
- Flexible payment plans allow you to pay for an item in monthly installments. You select how many installments and the date of the month (5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, or 25th) for payments to process.